Solo Group Holidays: Travel with Other Singles
At Single Parents on Holiday we understand that travelling alone is not much fun, or might even seem daunting, especially if you have recently become separated, divorced or widowed. Our solo group holidays are perfect for anyone over 40 who is on their own: singles, single parents whose kids are away, single parent empty nesters, or anyone whose partner cannot travel. Occasionally our solo travellers have partners who don’t ski – for them our solo ski holidays are a perfect match. Whatever your situation, we are confident that one of our solo group holidays is for you.
Discover new destinations in a stress-free way by booking an escorted group holiday for solo travellers: We offer a choice of hand-picked hotels that provide the ideal base for a solo holiday. These hotels offer quality accommodation with all the facilities you need to relax and are conveniently located to explore more of the city and country you are visiting. All our hotels offer double rooms for single occupancy for our solo travellers but if you want to travel with a friend, you could share a room and save yourself a little bit of money each. Check out our escorted solo holidays, especially created for our single parents and anyone else on their own, who is looking for company on holiday:
Our solo holidays in 2022 / 2023:
10 to 15 December 2022: A 5-day solo ski trip on Hintertux Glacier, the only glacier in Austria where you can ski all year round. 21 modern lifts and 60 km of well prepared pistes wait for you on the glacier. We will stay at a great 4-star hotel with spa over two floors, pool, fitness room and squash court and have reserved single rooms for our group of solo skiers. Read more…
8 to 15 January 2023: A 7-day ski holiday in Austria’s famous Ziller Valley: Our solo travellers will stay in the charming village of Fügen, which has its own ski resort and access to the amazing Hochzillertal-Hochfügen ski arena. Our superior 4 star hotel offers fantastic facilities including a large indoor pool with waterfall, grotto, and whirlpool, a heated saltwater outdoor pool and an amazing spa. “Half-Board Plus” includes an extensive breakfast buffet, après-ski snack and 5-course dinner.
25 March to 1 April 2023: A 7-day ski trip in Obertauern and our first time taking our solo skiers to this beautiful ski in/ski out resort – a favourite amongst our single parent families. Our superior 4 star hotel boasts an indoor pool, brand new adults only rooftop pool and mountain spa and an all-day dining experience starting with a lavish breakfast buffet, followed by a lunch buffet, après ski snack, and deluxe 5-course gourmet dinner in the evening.
2023 dates tbc: A 4-night solo holiday on the pretty Croatian peninsula. Relax by the pool or on the beach of our 4-star hotel, complete with a wonderful spa, fitness room and tennis courts. This solo holiday is offered with an excursion programme, including a boat trip to the ancient city of Rovinj, a visit of the historic seafront city of Pula. Read more..
Why travel with us?
Single Parents on Holiday has been providing stress free holidays for single parents and their children since 2005. Many of our parents have holidayed with us year after year and their children are now growing up. With this in mind, we have introduced solo holidays for anyone travelling on their own without children. Now solo travellers can enjoy the same fantastic group holidays in beautiful locations hosted by a member of our staff as our single parent families have for many years. Here are just some of the benefits of booking a solo holiday with Single Parents on Holiday:
Fully-organised solo holidays
Our solo holidays are fully organised which means one of our team members will be at the resort to arrange airport transfers, greet you at the hotel, make dinner reservations for the group, plan excursions and much more. If you join us on one of our solo ski holidays, our service further includes pre-ordering of lift passes, hire equipment, ski lessons if required, and of course ski guiding just for our friendly group of skiers: After all, solo ski holidays are about company both on and off the piste. A lot of preparation goes into every one of our solo holidays and we pride ourselves in our service which aims to provide the best solo holidays on the market!
Relax and enjoy (and let us do the work)
We all need a break sometimes. From work, the kids, a partner. Nothing is better for the body and soul than a few nights away from it all. Let someone else organise and just go with the flow: The extra time you gain by not having to organise every small detail of your trip, is time you can spend relaxing, de-cluttering your mind and catching up on sleep or pastimes you’ve neglected. Solo holidays truly give you the chance to relax and escape the daily grind for a while whilst offering enjoyable company at the same time.
Travelling with like-minded singles of similar age is thoroughly enjoyable, not only because you meet interesting new people outside your set circle of friends and family: We are often told that the best solo holidays are those where you share a unique experience with new friends. In fact, our solo holidays often lead to friendships for life, whilst other times acting as a turning point for anyone feeling low or isolated. Many singles have said that our single parent and solo holidays helped ease them into the next chapter of their lives through the like-minded company, friendship and positivity they encountered.
Solo holidays are also great for improving your self-confidence because they leave you with a sense of achievement: You have chosen where to go and what to do and made your way there and back on your own. This is not a given when you have always travelled with family or a partner. Meeting new people, putting language skills to use and making your own decisions are just some of the small successes that will leave you feeling more confident and alleviate some of the anxieties you might have developed over time. A group holiday with other solo travellers can be a great first step back to a less-worrying new you.
More reasons to book a solo holiday:
- Top Accommodation: Our hotels offer a high standard of accommodation and are conveniently located for easy access to city centre, beach, slopes, etc.
- Stress Free: On our solo holidays we take care of everything, just book your flight and relax ! We will arrange your airport transfer, greet you at the hotel, introduce you to the other solo travellers in the group and tell you all about the region and the itinerary on offer on your solo holiday.
- Expertise: One of our team members will accompany the group – he/she knows the region and the local sights and will show you the best your solo holiday destination has to offer. We have been in the travel business since 2005 so you are in safe hands with us. We know our hotels, our suppliers and the best places to eat, see and relax – and ski: One third of our single parent and solo holidays 2020 are ski trips, so we like to call ourselves ski experts!
- Company of others: Our solo holiday groups are a friendly bunch of solo travellers, mostly in their 40s, 50s and 60s. Some are singles, some single parent empty nesters travelling without kids for the first time and some have partners who don’t travel. Whatever your reason for planning a holiday on your own, you will find a friendly group to laugh, relax and share your travel passion with.
- Saving: We shop around to find the best deals for single occupancy. That is why our solo holidays take place outside the school holidays. By travelling off-peak and through our network of hotels, we can offer good deals to our solo travellers. You can save further by booking early or if you have travelled with us before (s. discounts), or by sharing your room with a friend.
Join us on one of our unforgettable solo holidays, just you and us and a group of happy solo travellers!